Saturday, June 26, 2010

Tree Pose

Whenever I get too busy/sick/tired/lazy the yoga is the first thing to get put aside. Which is, I always realize later- when I finally go back to it, exactly the wrong thing to do.

By then my back is usually screaming in pain and my hamstring's so tight I want to cry. Only then do I aquiesce and take the time to strike a warrior pose.

And the physical benefits are, undeniably, great; as effective, if not more, than any chiropractor's visit. But there's so much more to it than that. I've only been back at it for a week and my posture and breathing are improved tenfold over this time last week and, most importantly, I feel a hundred times more focused and closer to finding my center again.

Balance. What kind of crazy person gives that up in favour of more movie time?