Friday, June 18, 2010

Recipe for a Rainy Day

Now that all the work is done I don't mind the rain at all. I've thrown on a cozy sweater, so far the porch is keeping me dry and I've made the richest spinach soup to sup while I listen to the lullabye thrum of the rain on the roof.

Marscapone Spinach Soup

Ingredients

1 cup Mom's homemade chicken broth *
8 T Marscapone cheese
1 or 2 cloves garlic
1/2 red onion
2 cups spinach
olive oil
fresh rosemary
smoked paprika
salt
pepper

Method

Chop onion and garlic. Add to pot and sautee in olive oil until halfway to transluscent. Add spinach and rosemary cover with lid for two minutes. Add chicken broth. stir until heated through. Add marscapone cheese. You may add more or less depending on how creamy you like your soup. Once marscapone has melted and is well blended, pour into bowl. Add smoked paprika to taste and top with parmesan cheese if you have.







* If you don't have any of my mother's go ahead, use what you have. I'm sure it will still taste fine. (Just not nearly as fine as mine.)

2 comments:

lwoodmass said...

I have never been able to find smoked paprika. Where???

Cosmic Gladiator said...

Scoop 'n Weigh on Taylor Ave in the city. I'd suggest regular paprika but it's really not the same. While you're there pick up some Saigon cinnamon. (And of course Quinoa flakes and stabalized rice bran for granola...) Seriously though even if you're gluten tolerant the Scoop n' Weigh is delightful and well worth the trip for food snobs. If the owner is there he may even recite poetry for you when you check out.