Saturday, March 13, 2010

Office Obits

It is with sadness that I have to announce that C. has resigned her position at Financial Corp X as of Friday March 26. C. has decided to pursue a career in Teaching English in other countries.
Please join me is wishing C. all the best in her new career and we will miss her greatly.

XXXXXX XXXXXX
Team Leader Estate Services and National

                                  *                               *                              *                                *

Quitting a job in the corporate world is sort of like attending your own funeral and bearing witness to all the insincerity and hypocrisy people unleash. Unless of course you really are a saint. There's good reason you should be dead at your funeral. I have removed my name for privacy reasons but it was misspelled in this e-mail. 'Nuff said. "Ummm, that's my stapler."

I will  miss a few of my colleagues, and the view from my fifteenth floor corner cubicle, but it's mostly just five years of my life that I will never get back. Let's never do this again shall we?

No comments: