Saturday, March 27, 2010

Long Goodbyes

Well, my co-workers managed to ruin my joyous departure by making me feel like I'll actually be missed, which made me all sad and weepy. The company took me out for a gluten free meal at EAT! and gave me a $40 gift certificate for MEC which I plan to use towards this sweet number.

My two favourite workmates gave me their own going away presents including a Canadian clock/bottle opener/compass combo which I could have used when I was lost on a mountainside in Nepal so, aside from being a poetic gift in the "you are here" point you back home sense which made me teary, I am certain it will be useful.

Today was the first time I've realized the full consequences of what I'm about to do. I'm giving up stuff, yes, but I am giving up people too and that's not nearly as easy. On the other hand the hugs are good.

No comments: