Friday, May 14, 2010

P's and Q's

Mother's Day was something of a fiasco beginning with my main brunch ingredient disappearing as someone's midnight snack. There were a lot of ways this might have resolved itself but the offending party was somewhat indelicate, by which I mean to say brutish, in their handling of the situation and I took even greater offense.

Circumstances being what they were, it was necessary to put aside my indignation without much discussion, but I am admittedly quite incapable of letting go of things when I feel I've been wronged. So I allowed it to fester and stew all through the meal and I managed to get myself so worked up I spent all day fighting back burning hot, angry tears.

That evening, convinced I would burst if I didn't have my say, I wrote an e-mail to my transgressor, explaining, among other things, the correct way to apologize. Today's daily Tao is then an apropos lesson for me.   Hey, it took me 30 years to even realize I had a problem and it was me, so I guess it would be expecting a bit much to suppose I'm going to change overnight.

How lucky then to get another day to practice.

No comments: