Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Weekend Round Up

We had visitors this weekend, what a fantastic treat! My Cuz regaled me with travel tales and the Aunt regaled us with tales of her own. We took a road trip to Shoal Lake, a swim at the local beach and a tour of the local haunted tea house during the torrential downpour in the afternoon. It was musty and leaky and filled with paraphenelia referential of our previous excursions throughout the summer like the cemetery tour and the Lake of the Woods Museum. Oh and I finally got to experience clotted cream, which I have wondered about ever since I first read Anne of Green Gables.




Plautdietsch phrase of the Day: Shlop jesund = sleep well [literally sleep healthily]

2 comments:

lwoodmass said...

In "high" german, I have sent my children to sleep most nights with..."schlop schoen". One word is low german, the other high german. It still works though, after 25 years!

Cosmic Gladiator said...

Awww, and so much nicer than "schlaft wie tot".